To allow users to stay in touch on-the-go, the Naite handset features the next generation in mobile social networking, with new Twitter and Facebook applications, further enhancing Sony Ericsson’s mobile communication entertainment experience. Both applications are pre-loaded onto the phone and sit on the screen of the handset so the user can see their friends’ status updates(1) without needing to touch the phone and can update their own status(1) with just one click.
The Naite handset also lets users press one button to access messages, calendar, web, contacts or whichever features they use the most. High-speed browsing(1) and one-click access to Google search(1) means you can be online wherever you are.
The Sony Ericsson Naite phone furthers Sony Ericsson’s commitment to be more environmentally conscious. An embedded calculator called EcoMate helps users keep track of the CO2 emissions their lifestyle creates. The low power consumption charger, with un-plug reminder helps the user remember to disconnect the charger from the wall to reduce energy waste. Furthermore, the plastic used in the device is made from a minimum of 50% post-consumer recycled plastics and the Naite phone comes with an e-manual instead of a paper manual.
Sony Ericsson’s GreenHeart strategy takes a holistic approach to reducing negative environmental impacts and positively affecting those who use its products that is vital for Sony Ericsson’s future development. It has long been a part of Sony Ericsson’s strategy to integrate these efforts across its products and services and the Naite handset is the first of several GreenHeart(TM) products Canadian customers can look forward to in the future. For more information about GreenHeart products, visit: www.sonyericsson.com/greenheart.
The Sony Ericsson Naite phone’s GreenHeart features include
- A minimum of 50% post-consumer recycled plastics in the casing
- GreenHeart(TM) headset
- E-manual in phone
- Waterborne paint
- Low power consumption charger (EP300 GreenHeart(TM) charger, less than .03 W in standby mode).
- Carbon footprint calculator
The Naite(TM) handset is now available in Canada exclusively from Fido starting at $25 with a new activation on a two-year Fido Agreement.
Features of the handset include:
- 2.0 mega-pixel camera - Take great pictures and share them with friends and family directly from the handset(1)
- Facebook(TM) and Twitter(TM) - Facebook(TM) user interface lets users scroll between updates with a user-friendly carousel movement; they can also call or SMS friends directly from the Facebook(TM) application and upload images directly to Facebook(TM) and Twitter(TM).(1)
- Music - With built in FM radio and MP3 player, the Naite(TM) handset is the ultimate entertainment experience
- External memory expandable to 8GB(2)
- Picture and Video Messaging(1)
(1) Standard data and/or messaging charges apply.
(2) A portion of memory is used for data management purposes. [February 17, 2010]
Send this IT news to a friend