The thinnest-ever models of Dell’s most popular consumer laptop PC, the new Inspiron 14z and 15z are about 1-inch thin, slim enough to fit in any bag, and feature the newest Intel Core Solo 2 ultra-low voltage processors for extended entertainment capability and Web surfing. They join the recently introduced Inspiron 11z, rounding out the Inspiron “Z” portfolio of thin, “power-sipping” laptops.
- Thin Is In (about 1-inch tall) Dell consumer laptops with 16:9 displays in 14-inch (14z) and 15.6-inch (15z) models.
- Choice of Intel Pentium Core 2 Solo ultra-low voltage, Core 2 and Core 2 duo processors.
- Up to 500 GB, 7,200 RPM hard drives; Included DVD drive.
- Up to 8GB DDR3, 1,066MHz.
- Standard Wi-Fi and optional Mobile Broadband.
- Choice of 4-cell (4-hour) or 6-cell (8-hour) batteries.
- Express Charge (4- and 6-cell batteries) are 80% recharged in 60 minutes.
The Inspiron 14z and 15z are available in black or cherry red and can be purchased from $599 in retail stores and at www.dell.com beginning today, with worldwide availability in the coming weeks.
Also, Dell announced the new Studio XPS 8000 desktop PC, with worldwide availability. Building upon the XPS performance legacy, the Studio XPS 8000 includes a choice of Intel’s newest, most powerful desktop processors, the Core i5 Quad Core and Core i7 Quad Core, and a 3D graphics bundle providing the most immersive gaming experience.
People worldwide can buy Dell online, by phone and in more than 43,000 stores. [September 9, 2009]
Send this IT news to a friend