The lifetime live traffic reports are provided at no additional charge and are available right out of the box. No activation will be required as the special feature will work the moment the system is turned on. Nextar is working with NAVTEQ® to provide users lifetime free traffic with discrete advertising and special promotions that are offered to users based on their location.
The unit includes a 4.3” touch-screen display, 3D landmark and sign-post viewing, and a built-in speaker. 1.6-million points of interest, including hotels, shopping centers, gas stations, and restaurants, are included. Text-to-speech technology distinctly pronounces road names in a user-selected language of either English, Spanish, or French. Digital map data is supplied by NAVTEQ, the preeminent provider of comprehensive digital map information for automotive navigation systems.
The Nextar Q4-LT is the perfect traveling companion. In addition to its live traffic report capability, it also comes with the ability to play MP3 files as well as display JPEG images. A built-in antenna ensures signal reception. Power is supplied by a lightweight, built-in rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery. Accessories include: AC/DC adapter, car power adapter, USB cable, external RDS receiver, protection pouch, suction cup, and a stylus/touch pen.
The system measures 4.6” x 3.19” x 0.8” and weighs 2.3 pounds.
Pricing and Availability
The new Nextar Q4-LT navigation system with free live traffic reports will be available in Q3 2009 at leading retailers across the country. It has an SRP of $249.99 w/free lifetime traffic. The system is neatly packaged in an attention-grabbing full-color box.
Features Found in the Nextar Q4-LT Navigation System:
- Touch-screen display: Provides interfacing capability while map is being viewed
- Live traffic reports: Free lifetime subscription of live, up-to-the-second traffic reports keeps users apprised of traffic conditions
- Built-in stereo speaker: Delivers navigational voice prompts as well as MP3 music in stereo; no extra wires or speaker to remember to connect
- Text-to-speech: Safety feature that allows driver to keep eyes on the road while getting directions; clearly pronounces names of streets encountered during drive
- 1.6 million points of interest: Name or description of a specific location that user may find useful or interesting; generally indicated by an icon on the map
- NAVTEQ digital maps: Preeminent provider of comprehensive digital map information
- Lithium -Ion battery: Lighter weight, holds charge longer, and does not suffer from memory effect compared to similar batteries; recharging feature assures system stays active
- MP3 playing: Allows driver and/or passengers to listen to favorite MP3 files while in vehicle
- JPEG viewing: View photos and other graphics while in vehicle
- Built in antenna: Ensures reception of signal without running additional wires
- Stylus: Allows user to point more accurately than using a finger to small areas on the display screen
See Nextar at 2009 CES
Nextar will be displaying, demonstrating, and taking orders for a variety of new, exciting products during 2009 CES including: portable navigation units, MP3/MP4 Players, Solar Powered Bluetooth In-Car Speakers Kits and Digital Photo Frames. Dates are Thursday, January 8 through Sunday, January 11. Nextar products can be seen in the South 3-31753 in the Las Vegas Convention Center. [January 5, 2009]
Send this IT news to a friend