Along with major advances in animation and data management for complex 3D scenes, the rendering core within XSI 6 software has been enhanced for increased performance, scalability and extensibility. The software offers integration with the mental ray® 3.5 rendering application, and now includes expanded support for the integration of third-party renderers via a new open rendering API (Application Programming Interface).
In addition, XSI 6 software includes free DVD training from Digital-Tutors, an innovator in interactive video and online training. The five XSI software training chapters include: Introduction; Modeling & Texturing; Animation; Animation & Dynamics; Lighting and Rendering - a total of 43 lessons. The new DVD training underscores Softimage’s commitment to provide new and existing XSI software customers expanded learning tools.
Additional highlights of XSI 6 software include:
- Crosswalk - a dedicated toolset that offers extensive asset transfer to and from other 3D software, ideal for today’s mixed pipelines;
- MOTOR - a streamlined way to transfer and move animation and motion capture data between arbitrary XSI rigs and other 3D software character rigs;
- Delta Referencing - a new lightweight production-level referencing solution that streamlines the process of working with and making changes to 3D models and scene set-ups;
- Elastic Reality Warper and Morpher - built into the Illusion compositor in XSI 6 software, this intuitive solution allows artists to ‘distort’ and ‘morph’ images and sequences;
A full feature list for SOFTIMAGE| XSI 6 can be found at: www.softimage.com/xsi.
SOFTIMAGE|XSI 6 is available now for download in the following configurations:
- SOFTIMAGE|XSI 6 Foundation: $495 USMSRP from the Softimage web site (www.softimage.com/store) or from authorized Softimage resellers
- SOFTIMAGE|XSI 6 Essentials: $1,995 USMSRP from authorized Softimage resellers
- SOFTIMAGE|XSI 6 Advanced: $6,995 USMSRP from authorized Softimage resellers
All versions are available for download for upgrades from existing licenses or first time 3D customers at www.softimage.com/download. [December 22, 2006]
Send this IT news to a friend