Unlike some other awards, the Tech Trailblazers are not tied to a particular event or publication, instead it is completely independent and global. The awards are focused on the key enterprise IT sectors of cloud, infosecurity, mobile, networking, storage and virtualization. In addition, there is a sustainable IT category and an emerging markets category.
Stephen O’Donnell, chairman of the Tech Trailblazers judging panel, former CIO, author, and consultant and blogger at www.TheHotAisle.com, said, “TechTrailblazers offers a forum for game-changing new technologies and amazing young companies to showcase their products and services. We have assembled a world-class team of judges on the panel commensurate with the quality of entries we expect. The prizes and publicity for winning entries will ensure an exciting contest.”
All entrants to the Tech Trailblazers Awards will win a prize of commercial value, even if they do not place in the awards. The growing prize fund, worth an estimated $1 million+, is supported by industry vendors, analysts, venture capitalists, government bodies, the media, event partners and other industry-specific services.
The extensive judging panel includes the IT industry’s leading figures from around the world, giving little-known startups the opportunity to present their products and services to eminent influencers.
Sponsors to date include MIT/Stanford Venture Lab, the Cloud Security Alliance, Prezi, RealWire, MyNewsDesk, and ExecEvent. To inquire about sponsorship, please email email@example.com.
To be notified as soon as the Tech Trailblazers Awards opens for entries, or to subscribe to the mailing list to receive information on early bird submission savings and the “Meet the Judges” webinar series, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At present the judging panel includes:
[June 20, 2012]
- Mohit Agrawal, Founder and Editor, Telecom Circle (Twitter: @telecomcircle)
- Cynthia Artin, President, Artin Arts (@cynthiaartin)
- Joe Baguley, Chief Cloud Technologist, VMware (@joebaguley)
- Frank J. Bernhard, Strategy and Operations Director, Deloitte Consulting (@FrankJBernhard)
- Steve Broadhead, Founder and Director, Broadband-Testing Labs (@steve_broadhead)
- Rebel Brown, Author and Startup Veteran (@RebelBrown)
- Mike Burkitt, CTO, Launchpad Europe (@launchpadeurope)
- Teresa Cottam, Founder and Chief Analyst, Telesperience (@teresacottam)
- Chris Evans, Consultant and Blogger, TheStorageArchitect.com (@chrismevans)
- Marty Foltyn, Hands-On Lab Program, SNIA (@MartyFoltyn)
- Ian French, Channel Guru, Mentor and Entrepreneur (@siceo)
- Edward P. Gibson, Director, Forensic Technology Solutions, Pricewaterhousecoopers (@EdwardPGibson)
- Martin Glassborow, Blogger, Storagebod (@storagebod)
- Brian Honan, CEO, BH Consulting (@brianhonan)
- Elise Huang, Partner, WestSummit Capital
- Sam Johnston, Director, Cloud & IT Services, Equinix (@samj)
- Ben Kepes, Principal, Diversity Limited (@benkepes)
- Justin Lodge, Infrastructure Architect, National Australia Bank (@justin_lodge)
- Chris Mellor, Storage Editor, The Register (@chris_mellor)
- Steve O’Donnell, Consultant, Advisor and Author, TheHotAisle.com (@stephenodonnell)
- W. Curtis Preston, CEO, TruthInIT (@wcpreston)
- Simon Robinson, Research Vice President, 451 Research (@simonrob451)
- Kai Roer, Senior Partner, The Roer Group (@kairoer)
- Raj Samani, EMEA Strategy Advisor, Cloud Security Alliance (@raj_samani)
- Andrew Seldon, Editor, Hi-Tech Security Solutions, TechNews (@andrewseldon)
- Sarb Sembhi, Director, Consultancy Services, Incoming Thought (@sarbsembhi)
- Enrico Signoretti, Senior Consultant, Juku Consulting SRL (@esignoretti)
- Harkeeret Singh, Global Head of Energy & Sustainable IT, Thomson Reuters (@harqs)
- Jennifer Steffens, CEO, IOactive (@securesun)
- Jon Toigo, CEO, Toigo Partners International (@jontoigo)
- Matthew Yeager, Chief Technologist, Colt Technology Services (@mpyeager)
- Monica Zlotogorski, Editor, Inside Latin America, TM Forum (@MonicaCZN)
Send this IT news to a friend