Stingray Digital is a leading worldwide provider of music services to multi-channel video providers. Our properties include:
- Galaxie, the leading digital music service on TV in North America, in over 10 million homes
- Music Choice Int’l, a digital music service delivered to over 10 million homes in EMEA,
- The KARAOKE Channel, the world’s largest licensed karaoke library and karaoke service on TV available for 50 million subscribers and on the Internet & Mobile,
- Concert TV, a VOD service distributed to 30 million homes in the US and soon in Canada,
- Stingray360, a leader in sensorial marketing solutions for businesses,
- Stingray Music, music licensing for film, television, advertising and other uses.
Stingray Digital is financially backed by Telesystem and Novacap and headquartered in Montreal. Stingray Digital has some 140 employees in offices across Canada and additional offices in Charlotte, North Carolina, and London, England. We are located in Old Montreal just steps away from the Old Port of Montreal and the Lachine Canal bike path. We are a young and energetic company that offers a flexible and friendly work environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Technical Sales Manager will have the dual role of: i) developing the go-to-market strategy and pro-actively seeking out & capturing sales opportunities for certain products of the Stingray line-up (e.g. interactive apps); as well as ii) facilitating the sales of Stingray’s overall product line-up at the product technical level and directly contributing to the achievement of Stingray’s revenue targets. The Technical Sales Manager will participate in pre-sales and sales discussions with potential customer opportunities, on product deployment / delivery for all of our TV/online/mobile products & services, in order to ensure a good fit between Stingray’s product lines and customer technical requirements, and alleviate any technical hurdles to the sale. The Technical Sales Manager will coordinate the handover of the technical engagement with the customer to the deployment project team in the initial post-sale phase, working in conjunction with both Stingray and customer engineering staff. The Technical Sales Manager is joining a fast growing team, with a constantly expanding product line-up and geographic market reach.
Specifically, the Technical Sales Manager will:
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies for Stingray technical content solutions
- Secure, prepare for and participate in pre-sales / sales presentations with customers as needed by the Stingray sales team;
- Engage with customer management / engineering staff as needed in both pre-sales and sales discussions;
- Work with Sales, Marketing and Stingray engineers to prepare technical documents suitable for use in sales & marketing material;
- Act as an informational liaison between Stingray Engineering and Sales, in both directions:
- To keep Engineering abreast of customer feedback on existing products, helping to drive product innovation from an engineering standpoint;
- To keep Sales abreast of architectural improvements and alterations undertaken by Engineering.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the Stingray product suite at the technical level, including:
- Delivery methods
- Distribution platforms
- Internal asset management systems / postproduction
- Computer Science, Electrical Engineering baccalaureate degree or equivalent;
- 10-12 years of experience working in B2B sales and technology, in Digital Media and TV;
- Solid track record in selling content services with significant technical aspects;
- Highly skilled at managing customer accounts;
- Solid understanding of central engineering concepts in: networking; computer architecture; broadcasting formats, methods, & signal types; digital content distribution technologies including TV, online, & wireless;
- At ease engaging with customers, whether executives, account managers, or engineers; able to modulate level of discussion to suit different levels of technical expertise found in customer contacts;
- Easily establish connections in a multicultural setting; sensitive to cultural differences and business customs;
- Working knowledge of licensing and service contracts, particularly as it relates to TV and/or music content;
- Excellent communication skills, fully bilingual in English and French (third language, ideally European, an asset);
- Organised, driven, and self-motivated by the desire to “close the deal”;
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, informal work environment, willing to travel.
If you’re interested, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org [May 10, 2011]
Send this IT news to a friend