- 2010 Game Developers Conference Brings Together All-Time Record of 18,250 Video Game Industry Professionals
UBM TechWeb Game Network’s 2010 Game Developers Conference (GDC), the world’s largest industry-only event dedicated to the advancement of interactive entertainment, has registered an all-time record of 18,250 game industry professionals attending San Francisco’s Moscone Convention Center for the March 9th-13th event. Surpassing last year’s total of 17,000 attendees, the event brought together experienced game developers, publishers, deal makers, industry aspirants and working press for more than 400 lectures, panels, summits, tutorials and roundtable discussions.
- Geomerics Opens North American Office in Vancouver
- Tiago Tex Pine (Interama) and the casual game market
- CCP Games Relies on Perforce to Manage Global Game Development and Organization of EVE Online
- Visceral Games Brings Voice Control to Dead Space 3, Making It the First Co-Op Game to Feature Voice Commands on Kinect for Xbox 360
|Ericsson at CTIA Wireless 2011: Enabling the networked society
During the International CTIA Wireless 2011 show, Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) will show how it is prepared to take a leading role in the transformation into the Networked Society, the next era of growth in the information communications technology (ICT) space. The company will demonstrate how the Networked Society will change how people live, work and play.
Hans Vestberg, President and Chief Executive Officer of Ericsson, says: "The forces of mobility, broadband and the cloud — where information is easily maintained and instantly accessed — come together in the Networked Society. These forces can address some of the biggest challenges on Earth - - things like education, population movements, CO2 emissions, and healthcare."
Vestberg cited studies demonstrating the value of investing in broadband and a simulation found that, in the United States, a 10 percent increase in broadband penetration leads to the creation of more than 2 million new jobs.
A special emphasis will be on the trend of urbanization, where rapid growth in big cities is spawning an environment of creativity and opportunity for human development.
"Around the world, the urban population grows by 7,500 people every hour. That growth fuels the need for creative solutions including and beyond simple voice and messaging. There is a need to innovate and collaborate to deliver the quality of experience that people demand," says Vestberg.
Ericsson will discuss its ideas on the Networked Society at:
- Press conference: 2 p.m. Tuesday, March 22, at Orange County Convention Center (Rooms N220A and N220B). Mr Vestberg will address how smart, scalable networks that provide superior performance will be essential in addressing the challenges urban environments will face as the result of large-scale migration from rural areas.
- CTIA keynote session: 10:15 a.m. Wednesday, March 23, at Orange County Convention Center (Keynote Auditorium). Mr Vestberg and special guest Patrick Soon-Shiong, M.D., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Institute for Advanced Health, will deliver a keynote address on how connectivity is transforming the way medicine is practiced.
- Town hall meetings at the Ericsson stand (#2431) at 3:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. Tuesday, March 22, and 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Wednesday, March 23.
At its stand (#2431) on the exhibition floor, Ericsson will present demonstrations of mobility, broadband and the cloud — the driving forces of the Networked Society. These demonstrations will include:
[March 22, 2011]
- CDMA evolution: Progression of EVDO to EVDO Advanced incorporating new features for continued network efficiency and effectiveness. Co-existence of CDMA and LTE networks plus use of existing resources for smooth LTE deployment. Live HD-Voice on CDMA voice network for improved user experience.
- Health-care applications: Technology applied for medical use will include the Ericsson Mobile Health remote patient monitoring system. Demonstrations with partners will include video-based 911 (emergency calling), LTE-connected home health-care monitoring and high-definition video conferencing for the medical industry.
- Heterogeneous networks: A new network design strategy required in the world of cloud services on mobile devices. This includes Ericsson’s Antenna Integrated Radio (AIR) solution, which drastically cuts energy consumption and installation costs.
- OSS/BSS including horizontal provisioning: How operators benefit from consolidating several provisioning systems into a single horizontal platform. How service providers can move from managing just voice and data plans to managing plans covering the needs of 50 billion devices while maintaining quality of experience.
- Service-Aware Policy Controller: Policy server that helps operators increase revenue through personalized services, while optimizing network resource usage.
- Smart Services Router: New-generation router that delivers differentiated and personalized services to consumers.
- Social web of things: Devices that are socially networked rather than connected on a one-to-one basis, thus unleashing the true power of 50 billion connected devices.
- Voice over LTE: LTE voice calls over a smartphone with an IMS client according to GSMA specifications.
Send this IT news to a friend
Other IT news about CTIA
CTIA-The Wireless Association Explores Apps, Analytics and the Cloud in the Enterprise (November 11, 2013)
CTIA-The Wireless Association® Warns Consumers About Scam E-Mail (August 15, 2011)
CTIA-The Wireless Association® Response to NAB’s Study (July 26, 2011)
LG Mobile Phones Spotlights Next Generation Innovation With ’Smarter’ Technology at CTIA 2011 (March 22, 2011)
CTIA-The Wireless Association Responds to NAB on Spectrum (February 1, 2011)
Tips for Mobile Phone Protection (January 25, 2011)
CTIA-The Wireless Association Releases Semi-Annual Survey on Wireless Trends (October 11, 2010)
Mobile Marketing Strategies Front and Center at CTIA ENTERPRISE & APPLICATIONS 2010 (August 27, 2010)
US Tech Industry Opposes Possible FM Chip Mandate for Mobile Devices (August 24, 2010)
Robot Touchscreen Performance Test Results Released at CTIA Wireless: iPhone Wins Again vs. Nexus One, Droid, Storm 2, Palm Pre (March 26, 2010)
T-Mobile to Rollout the Nation’s Fastest 3G Wireless Network with HSPA+ to More than 100 Metropolitan Areas in 2010 (March 25, 2010)
International CTIA WIRELESS 2010 Opens with a Focus on 4G (March 25, 2010)
Total Immersion to Unveil First Commercial Markerless Tracking on Mobile at International CTIA WIRELESS 2010 in Las Vegas (March 24, 2010)
CTIA-The Wireless Association Statement on Accessibility Initiatives Announced by FCC (March 12, 2010)
What’s Hot for This Year’s Holiday Season? Mobile Devices, Apps, and More (November 20, 2009)
Mobile Marketing Comes Alive at International CTIA WIRELESS I.T. & Entertainment 2009 (September 14, 2009)
CTIA - The Wireless Association Commends Introduction of Cell Tax Fairness Legislation in 2009 (March 19, 2009)
Other IT news about Ericsson
Ericsson #1 in Global LTE Packet Backhaul Equipment in 2011, Says In-Stat (October 6, 2011)
Ericsson to connect Panasonic Toughbooks with mobile broadband (May 31, 2011)
Consumers take their lives into the cloud (May 13, 2011)
Ericsson selected to build LTE network for Rogers (April 29, 2011)
Ericsson Showcases More Content to More Devices at NAB 2011 (April 11, 2011)
Ericsson makes Industry’s First HD voice call on CDMA (March 18, 2011)
Huawei, Ericsson, Oracle lead fast-growing service delivery platform (SDP) market (March 8, 2011)
Ericsson gearing up for services in 4G/LTE and IT (February 16, 2011)
Ericsson and Akamai establish exclusive strategic alliance to create mobile cloud acceleration solutions (February 15, 2011)
Ericsson reveals new generation IP networking portfolio (February 11, 2011)
Ericsson achieves three HSPA world firsts (January 31, 2011)
Mobile broadband subscriptions to hit one billion mark in 2011 (January 13, 2011)
Ericsson completes sale of Ericsson Federal Inc. to Tailwind Capital (January 4, 2011)
Qualcomm and Ericsson Demonstrate LTE TDD Mobility at 2.3 GHz in India (December 1, 2010)
Rogers Annouces First LTE Technical Trial in Canada (October 7, 2010)
Ericsson and Motorola Solutions enter alliance to provide LTE solutions for Public Safety (September 7, 2010)
Global mobile data traffic nearly triples in 1 year (August 13, 2010)
TBayTel upgrades wireless infrastructure with high speed network overlay (July 23, 2010)
Ericsson: Central Europeans get mobile broadband boost (July 19, 2010)
Ericsson: New business models possible for mobile broadband (July 15, 2010)
Ericsson: Mobile subscriptions hit 5 billion mark (July 12, 2010)
Ericsson Solution Centralizes Cox’s Distribution of VOD Library (May 12, 2010)
Ericsson strengthens global position with completion of Nortel acquisition in North America (November 16, 2009)
Ericsson wins managed services deal with du in United Arab Emirates (November 2, 2009)
Nortel and Ericsson Amend Asset Sale Agreement to Provide for Closing Date Extension (November 2, 2009)
U.S. Department of Defense Certifies Ericsson’s Marconi MHL 3000 DWDM Bandwidth Platform for Network Infrastructure (September 29, 2009)
Ericsson CEO advocates technology-driven climate agenda at UN Leadership Forum on Climate Change (September 23, 2009)
Infonetics Research: Ericsson and NEC neck and neck in growing microwave equipment market (September 15, 2009)
ST-Ericsson Launches World’s Smallest Solution for Superior Connectivity on Mobile Handsets (September 4, 2009)
DAVE Wireless chooses Ericsson to build its 3G network (August 7, 2009)
Recovery expected in 2010 for telecom/datacom equipment market; Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson lead market (July 20, 2009)
Ericsson and SMART provide high-speed mobile broadband in the Philippines (July 8, 2009)
Ericsson provides fixed-broadband access to all three operators in China (July 6, 2009)
Ericsson launches stylish new site solution (June 18, 2009)
Ericsson in first major managed services contract on the African continent with Zain Nigeria (June 8, 2009)
Ericsson frees netbooks from dongles and wires with new broadband module (June 5, 2009)
World’s first commercial 4G/LTE site unveiled in Sweden by Ericsson and TeliaSonera (May 26, 2009)
Qualcomm and ST-Ericsson Shine, Even as Wireless Chip Market Tanks (May 4, 2009)
Ericsson and mobilkom austria commercially launch HSPA Evolution (March 24, 2009)
Vodafone UK selects Ericsson to provide maintenance and operational support on its network, delivering cost savings (March 19, 2009)
Ericsson and Orange bring sustainable and affordable connectivity to rural Africa (February 19, 2009)
Ericsson launches Pixl8r and Social Media Portal (February 17, 2009)
Ericsson to provide managed services for T-Mobile UK and 3 UK to accelerate 3G network consolidation (February 16, 2009)
Ericsson launches Connected Home Gateway software enabling multimedia services to the home (February 13, 2009)
Ericsson achieves HSPA speed of 42Mbps with new multi-carrier technology (February 12, 2009)
Ericsson and Chunghwa Telecom deploy next-generation optical network in Taiwan (February 6, 2009)
Ericsson collaborates with Intel to bring theft protection to Mobile Broadband notebooks (December 12, 2008)
Ericsson to modernize T-Mobile’s core network in Slovakia (December 11, 2008)
Ericsson and 3 Scandinavia to bring first 21Mbps mobile broadband network to Europe (December 10, 2008)
Ericsson and Telstra world’s first to deliver Mobile Broadband at 21Mbps in commercial network (December 9, 2008)
Ericsson selected to manage 3G radio access network operations for T-Mobile and 3 UK (December 1, 2008)
Ericsson Collaborates With Intel to Bring HSPA Mobile Data Solutions to Intel’s Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs) (October 20, 2008)
Ericsson to further modernize and expand Grameenphone’s all-IP core network in Bangladesh (October 14, 2008)
Ericsson deploys GSM/EDGE network for Digicel in Panama (October 3, 2008)
Ericsson to provide mobile broadband for LG Electronics next-generation notebooks and netbooks (September 30, 2008)
Ericsson Extends Relationship for MMS Solution With Alltel Wireless in US (September 22, 2008)
Ericsson and Hanoi Telecom sign largest network modernization contract in Vietnam including full-scope managed services (September 1, 2008)
Ericsson expands mobile broadband HSPA with Softbank in Japan (July 21, 2008)
Ericsson to integrate and expand next-generation charging and IMS systems for Vodafone Ireland (July 11, 2008)
Ericsson to provide Mobile Softswitch Solution to PTC in Poland (June 10, 2008)
Ericsson selected to maintain Telefónica’s fiber optical network in Brazil (May 27, 2008)
bnetTV.com Speaks With Sony Ericsson at Their Lund, Sweden Campus (May 20, 2008)
Ericsson and Dell connect on HSPA in next-generation laptops (May 15, 2008)
Ericsson deploys IMS solution and signs WCDMA/HSPA contract with Brasil Telecom (May 9, 2008)
Ericsson to supply nationwide managed services for Telcel in Mexico (May 7, 2008)
Ericsson sole supplier of HSPA expansion and all-IP upgrade for SmarTone-Vodafone in Hong Kong (April 7, 2008)
Ericsson supplies Redback-based IP transport solution to mCel in Mozambique (March 26, 2008)
Napster and Ericsson Launch Mobile Music Service for UK’s Leading Wireless Carrier — O2 UK (March 18, 2008)
Ericsson signs major managed services agreement with Saudi Arabian operator Mobily (March 17, 2008)
Ericsson signs first consumer push e-mail contract with Aircel in India (February 11, 2008)
Ericsson sign first contract for Napster Mobile service in Latin America with Entel PCS in Chile (February 5, 2008)
Ericsson seals optical solution deal with Taiwan’s Chunghwa Telecom (January 8, 2008)
Ericsson to Supply Telephony Softswitch Solution to Algérie Télécom (November 28, 2007)
Ericsson completes T-Mobile Germany network modernization (November 5, 2007)
Ericsson selected by Deutsche Telekom for VDSL2 deployments in 12 cities across Germany (October 10, 2007)
Ericsson’s Managed Services Selected for Finnish Operator Elisa’s Enterprise Business (September 3, 2007)
Ericsson signs agreement to sell its Planet EV business to CTS International (June 6, 2007)
Website based on SPIP, an Open Source program under GNU/GPL licence