The PowerLite 905 ($999) offers 3000 lumens of color and white light output(2) with XGA resolution, and the PowerLite 915W ($1,099) delivers 3200 lumens color and white light output with WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution to allow teachers to fully leverage widescreen notebooks or tablets and widescreen DVD content. Both projectors feature the latest 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations.
More about the PowerLite 905 and 915W
The Epson PowerLite 905 and 915W deliver several innovative features for the classroom, including:
- Increased Communication: Powerful internal 16-watt speaker fills the classroom with sound and saves on equipment costs; convenient microphone input helps save the teacher’s voice; built-in closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments at no added cost and helps meet ADA section 508 compliance
- Future-Ready Connectivity: HDMI digital connectivity allows for connection to the latest devices for high-quality video and audio with just one cable
- Advanced Networking: Educators can remotely deliver video and audio presentations over the network with the included EasyMP® Network Projection software; projectors can be used as a broadcast system to display announcements, event flyers, updates and instructions; wireless functionality is available via an optional wireless module
- Virtual Remote: Allows teachers to use a virtual projector remote control on their computer via a web browser when connected to a network, eliminating the need to carry a physical remote control; performs basic functions such as power, source search, volume, AV mute, closed captioning, and page up/down
- Teaching Aids: Pre-designed line and graph pattern templates or customizable images aid in instruction, saving valuable class time by eliminating the need for teachers to draw lines and grids on a whiteboard or blackboard
- USB Plug ’n Play: Instantly projects images, transmits audio and controls the presentations from either a Windows® PC or Mac via a standard USB cable; allows for easier set up and eliminates the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling computer keys
- Setup/Positioning Flexibility: 1.6x optical zoom allows for a larger range in projector placement and produces larger images from shorter throw distances; +30 degree automatic vertical keystone correction and new +30 degree horizontal keystone correction provides easy and convenient operation in multiple classroom settings, including allowing the projector to be placed on a table that may not be centered with the screen and still get a standard formatted image
- Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered on and off with a flip of a wall switch; Instant On/Off® enables teachers to avoid delays when starting and finishing presentations and be up and running in only five seconds; A/V Mute Slide stops the sound and picture to allow for a quick pause in the presentation
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL lamp technology, the PowerLite 905 and 915W lamp life can last up to 6,000 hours(3) in economy mode, helping to maximize presentation time
Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors.
Availability and Support
The Epson PowerLite 905 and 915W will be available in March 2011 through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson’s PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services - two-year Epson PrivateLine® phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day. For additional information about the new PowerLite projectors, visit www.epsonbrighterfutures.com. [February 2, 2011]
Send this IT news to a friend