Traditional or emerging MSOs, Internet Service Providers, and Telcos can now enhance current services by offering linear channels, combined with best in class over the top (OTT) internet videos, Video-on-Demand (VOD), and live channels from around the world. The new platform also brings social networking applications like Twitter, Facebook, and MySpace right to the television for the entire family to enjoy socially. Personal media is easily accessed over the home network or by connecting a USB drive. In addition, the Verismo platform supports Digital Rights Management (DRM), Electronic Program Guides (EPG) and is capable of providing VoIP, internet access with a built-in broadband router, and whole-house DVR.
"This is truly a game changer. We are offering a solution that enables service providers to quickly expand their reach globally — bringing them unprecedented revenue opportunities with minimal investment," said Dhaval Ajmera, Executive Vice President of Marketing and Sales at Verismo Networks. "The fully customizable solution allows fast time to market with ’cool’ new internet applications that offer unparalleled opportunities for differentiation."
The revolutionary Internet TV platform also creates a huge opportunity for content providers to stream their content directly to the TV instead of the PC, enabling them to become a new breed of service providers. They can stream special interest content in markets such as higher education, personal growth, faith based outreach, corporate training, or government.
Benefits to traditional MSOs, Internet Service Providers and Telcos:
Benefits to new or emerging MSOs:
- Allows easy expansion into new global markets
- Brings new internet applications and services to current subscribers
- Enables a low barrier to entry with differentiated features
Verismo Internet TV platform features:
Linear Channels with EPG support
Support for Live Streaming and Video-on-Demand
Triple Play Capable: Video, VoIP, Data
Support for whole-house DVR
- Manages all metadata and indexing for the various sites/channels supported
- Remotely manages all software upgrades to the client
- Digital Rights Management support
- Content APIs available for content integration
- Monetization available via VOD Pay-per-view and subscription based services
- Integrates with service providers OSS