At under one pound and about a half inch thick, the $199, 7” Cruz Reader goes everywhere you do, making it perfect for students, avid readers, frequent flyers, and techies. Additional features such as video playback and web browsing provide a much richer experience than traditional e-ink readers at a more reasonable price than a tablet.
Key specs and features include:
- Crystal clear 4:3 ratio, 800x600 full color touch screen display - ideal for viewing ebooks and magazines, plus web pages and movies
- Google Android Operating System
- 802.11b/g wifi and full Web browser support
- High res video and high quality audio playback with no proprietary content restrictions
- Built-in Dictionary, Notepad, Calendar, Alarm Clock, Contacts, Games, and other useful apps
- Built in accelerometer, tilt activated
- Enough built in storage for hundreds of books
- USB and SD card slot for upgradable storage, including a 2GB SD card
- Up to 10 hours of use and over 24 hours of standby time, with a replaceable battery
- Access to over 2 Million ebooks via included Borders E-book library portal application
- Access to the Cruz Market™, an open content portal for downloading apps, magazines, and videos from a broad array of content providers.
At $299, the Cruz Tablet offers a truly mobile experience at an affordable price, finally giving consumers an Android-based tablet alternative.
Spec and feature upgrades include:
- 7” 16:9 ratio, 800x480 capacitive display - great for viewing widescreen video
- 802.11n wifi for faster wireless connectivity
- Integrated microphone for voice recording
- 4GB of built in storage with an 8GB SD card in the box for additional storage of high res photos, video, and music
Rounding out the Cruz line, the $149 Cruz StoryPad packs tons of multimedia features into a kid friendly, drop resistant package, letting children read, learn, and interact using a simple and intuitive touch interface. Features include:
- 7” 4:3 800x600 full color touch screen display
- Simplistic and intuitive navigation
- High res video and high quality audio playback
- Preinstalled audio book content - reads classic stories as the child follows along
- SD card for additional storage
- Available in pink, blue, and green
The Cruz Reader and Cruz StoryPad will be available from most major retailers and direct from Velocity Micro in August with the Cruz Tablet following on September 1st. For more information or to sign up for e-newsletter updates, visit CruzReader.com.
Source : Velocity Micro [July 16, 2010]
Send this IT news to a friend